As friends get further away and our lives get busier, we want to be able to still share our lives with friends and family

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

All Grown Up

Yes, I know, our kids are only 3 and 1.
I have a lot more years to go!
For some reason though, they seem so grown up!  I will retract this statement as soon as the whining and tears turn on for the 3 year old or the food is intentionally dropped on the floor by the 1 year old...but at this moment, this is how I feel!

Our new home project made me feel even more that way:

BUNK BEDS!

My dad made me a loft bed went I was in college.  We picked it up from my Grandma's house and brought it home.  My creative husband engineered a way to connect it to Bennett's bed that we already had set up.  Then he made railings for both beds, for obvious reasons! He gave Bennett a little shelf on the top bunk and B is psyched to sleep up there soon.

The old beds:

My college loft bed

Bennett's bed when he started sleeping in it

The kids got in on the fun, too!
Autumn loved it

"How many do you need, Daddy?"

Use your muscles, B!

The initial building of the loft bed

We'll keep you posted as to how that transition goes...

1 comment: