When people say that Disneyland gets even better when you see it through the eyes of a child, they are totally right!
We went to Disneyland with Bennett for his 1st time & it was amazing!
We got there when Disneyland opened and went straight to Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, we knew it would be a bad move, but Bennett had been talking about seeing the pirates for days! So we just went for it. Not as bad as could be expected...when asked about it, he states, "I didn't really like the pirates because they were mean, but I liked the drops and the skeletons."
(He did plug his ears, shut his eyes, and bury his head in Luke's lap for most of the ride. But, I guess he still remembers it fondly!)
We got there when Disneyland opened and went straight to Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, we knew it would be a bad move, but Bennett had been talking about seeing the pirates for days! So we just went for it. Not as bad as could be expected...when asked about it, he states, "I didn't really like the pirates because they were mean, but I liked the drops and the skeletons."
(He did plug his ears, shut his eyes, and bury his head in Luke's lap for most of the ride. But, I guess he still remembers it fondly!)
![]() |
| The jungle cruise with Mammie |
![]() |
| Tarzan's Treehouse |
We then headed on the raft across the water to Tom Sawyer's Island.
It was a huge hit!
We ate our picnic lunch and ran around the pirates caves.
After the island, we headed to some more rides.
Dumbo first (as per Bennett's request)
Teacups next (with Pappy & Mammie of course)
Then off to Small World.
Then we headed to....
Bennett was convinced to meet Goofy and take a picture.
All Mammie had to do was mention cotton candy!
![]() |
| Totally worth it! |
We went on the Toontown roller coaster and explored all of the buildings there.
Off to Autopia.
Then a relaxing ride around the park on the train.
![]() |
| Last ride was the rocket ships |
![]() |
| Parade at the end of the day |
It was a great day at Disney. Autumn doesn't know what she missed!
Thanks Jordy & Darcy for hanging with her all day!
Thanks Jordy & Darcy for hanging with her all day!












I love Luke's ears as handles for B! I think we had more fun playing with Autumn :)
ReplyDelete