As friends get further away and our lives get busier, we want to be able to still share our lives with friends and family

Friday, September 9, 2011

Turtles!

For Labor Day weekend my mom & dad came to visit.
For those of you that don't know, my dad's job moved him to Texas. So he & my mom have been doing the long distance thing since the end of June.
He got a flight out Thursday night & my mom picked him up at the airport & came straight to our house. We went to Sea World on Friday, which was a blast! We did a little shopping on Saturday & had a delicious Mexican dinner out in Valley Center. Then they left on Sunday.

Our Sea World day was a perfect temperature & NO CROWDS!

We started with the dolphin show. Bennett just sat on Grandpa's lap & wouldn't take his eyes off the show. He smiled at everything & clapped when everyone clapped.
It was adorable!

Entering the new turtle exhibit
I LOVE turtles & apparently so does Bennett!

Looking into a side window of the HUGE room size aquarium of sea turtles

It wasn't very crowded so Bennett could walk along the ledge putting little fingerprints all over the glass. He was so interested in the turtles and the teeny tiny fish swimming around.

Grandma & Grandpa enjoying Bennett

Up close & personal with Mr. Walrus

Pooped at the end of a fun, long day
What a fun visit!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! I can't wait to take Katelyn to Sea World someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! So sad I didn't get to see you on Friday- hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun I can't wait to take Mia to Sea World someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I love that I just commented the exact same thing as Monique. Maybe I should read the comments first! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend with family. I do think SeaWorld is my favorite park/attraction of all of them. And I love that at such a young age Bennett was all about the same things you are.. how stink in cute is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun family day! I hope things are going well with your dads job in TX!!

    ReplyDelete